Choosing Photos for a Custom Diamond Art Painting: 6 Things to Keep in Mind
March 22, 2022
Wondering how to turn a photo into a painting? There are a number of ways you can do it, but our very favorite is via the custom diamond painting. This option lets you take one of your favorite memories and turn it into a display-worthy work of art that you can proudly hang on the wall for years to come. Oh, and did we mention you get to make it yourself (or give it to someone you love to make)? The result is a striking, one-of-a-kind masterpiece that’s meaningful on multiple levels.
Because we’re crafting your custom diamond art kit just for you, the process of how we make it is different than it is with our standard kits. There are a few important things to keep in mind during this process to ensure that yours comes out looking amazing.
1. The Simpler, the Better—If you’ve never completed a diamond painting before, it’s important to understand this concept: the more complex the image, the more challenging the painting. Many details and small objects mean lots of different colors and small sections, which will make the canvas a lot more complicated. A simpler graphic makes the final result look better and makes the process of creating the diamond art even more enjoyable.
2. The Bigger, the Better—Size matters when it comes to custom diamond art kits, and we mean that in two ways. First, the size of the photo. A larger digital file will always render a clearer, more vibrant image, while smaller photos—screenshots and low-quality snapshots from your smartphone, for example—will look blurry or pixelated. Always choose your highest quality and best-lit pics for this craft. Larger canvases tend to make photos look better, so your final result will be on the bigger end, too. Multiple sizes are available, with the smallest being 12 by 16 inches.
3. We’ve Got Pros on Hand—If you’re feeling a bit nervous about how your photo will turn out, know that we have in-house graphic designers color correct and optimize your artwork before it’s printed. This ensures that no major issues, such as pixelation or blur, will make it into the final kit. The custom kits are then rendered by a computer before being transformed into a diamond art kit.
4. The Possibilities Are Limitless—Whether you’re looking to have a family Diamond Artphoto immortalized forever or are seeking special, personalized gifts for your loved ones, there are so many ways to make custom diamond artwork. You could even have your company logo printed on them and hand them out as corporate gifts or use them to make a big announcement. Photos are just the tip of the iceberg! If the design is suitable, we can print text, graphics and more on your custom painting.
5. Good Things Take Time—Naturally, anything custom is going to take a little extra time–but trust us, it’s worth the wait! Our custom diamond art kits generally take about seven business days for processing and manufacturing before they can be shipped to you, but closely following the image requirements will help ensure that things move smoothly. Make sure to order early if you’re giving the gift of diamond art and are on a deadline. If you’re in a rush and just want to start creating, choose from our great selection of standard diamond art kits to get going.
6. Custom Diamond Art Is for Everyone—If you’re brand-new to diamond painting, you may want to start off with something simpler and smaller to see how you enjoy the craft before ordering a custom option. With that being said, even first-time diamond painters can master the activity with a custom work of art. Each one comes with everything you need to create beautiful, dazzling art, including the diamonds, an applicator, a tray and wax. You or your recipient won’t have to buy anything besides the kit to get started.